Simple present tense
- Using frequency adverbs : Always, usually, often, sometimes, seldom, rarely,never.
- For this form there’s some percentage from kind of frequency adverbs, percentage express how many times we do the habits.
100% mean Always 25%-75% mean sometimes
90%-99% mean Usually 5% – 10% mean seldom
75%-90% mean Often 1%- 10% mean rarely
0% mean Never
And for this form we can put this frequency adverbs between subject and simple present verb.
Subject + Frequency adverbs + Verb
Example : I always take a bath at 5 a.m
I as the subject and always as frequency adverbs and bath as verb
We can connect the course simple present tense at first post,
Example : He usually wakes up at 7 a.m
He as the singular 3rd person and usually as frequency adverbs and also wake as verb become wakes because the subject is singular 3rd person, will different if the subject isn’t singular 3rd person,
Example : I wake up at 5 a.m
Here some question for you to know how far you can understand from first post until this new course, fill the blank with correct answer!
- (Usually, eat) They …………… at Padang restaurant everyday.
- (Always, drive) Alina ……….. her bicycle faster than Romi.
- (Often, write) Carol and Romi ………… a mail to each other every weekend.
- (Seldom, eat) Witwicky ………… at restaurant, because his mother cook everyday.
- (Never, be) James’s brother, Sam, is from Brazil. he goes to English classes every morning. He …………. late for class.
Write the answer in a piece of paper, don’t look the answer below if you not yet finish the question!
- They usually eat at Padang restaurant everyday.
- Alina always drives her bicycle faster than Romi.
- Carol and Romi often write a mail to each other every weekend.
- Witwicky seldom eats at restaurant, because his mother cook everyday.
- James’s brother, Sam, is from Brazil. he goes to English classes every morning. He is never late for class.